DirectAttack foam agent concentrate is a Low-, Medium-, and High-Expansion Foam, Class A fire control foam concentrate formulated from specialty hydrocarbon surfactants, stabilizers, corrosion-inhibitors, and solvents. The foam agent solution has been proven effective on many deep-seated Class A fuel fires, such as tire fires, paper fires, coal fires, structure fires, and wild fires. The foam agent also provides superior cold weather performance.
- Reduction of the water surface tension provides the foam agent solution with superior wetting and penetrating characteristics. This helps make Class A fuels less combustible and allows the solution to penetrate past the char to help control deep seated fires
- Extended drain time provides longer surface wetting, reducing the risk of ignition / re-ignition
- Creation of a dense foam blanket which provides an insulating barrier between the fuel and air
- Suppression of combustible vapors while cooling the fuel
- Forms a brilliant white foam that reflects heat
- High viscosity allows foam to cling to vertical surfaces for increased protection
- Foam agent does not destroy or retard new forest growth
- Foam agent will not harm fish or wildlife
- Foam agent is biodegradable in soils, aquatic ecosystems, and sewage treatment facilities
Approvals and Listings - The performance of DirectAttack foam agent concentrate is measured against and/or is on the approved list of the following:
- NFPA 1150: Foam Chemicals for Fire in Class A Fuels
- Canadair Corporation: Approved for use in the CL-215 and CL-415 Aircraft and foam metering systems
- USDA Forest Service Specification 307a: Fire Suppressant Foam for Wildland Firefighting
- When used with fresh, sea, or brackish water at the correct proportioning rate, the expansion will vary depending on the performance characteristics of the foam making equipment.
- DirectAttack foam agent concentrate can be proportioned using most conventional proportioning equipment.
Typical Proportioning Rates for Common Applications
- Fixed Wing Aircraft - 0.6% to 0.7%
- Rotary Wing Aircraft - 0.2% to 0.5%
- Air Aspirating Devices - 0.2% to 1.0%
- Non-Air Aspirating Devices - 0.5% to 1.0%
- Compressed Air Foam Systems (CAFS) - 0.1% to 0.3%
- Low-/Medium-Expansion Handlines - 0.3% to 1.0%
Storage and Handling
- DirectAttack foam agent concentrate should be stored in the original packaging supplied (polyethylene drums or pails) or in equipment recommended by the manufacturer as part of the foam system and within the temperature limits specified.
- The recommended storage temperature for foam agent concentrate is 30 °F to 120 °F (–1 °C to 49 °C). If the product is frozen during storage or transportation, thawing will allow the foam agent concentrate to be used.